- Congratulations to Cindy and Dylan on their awards at the 2020 UNLV Graduate and Professional Students Association Research Forum! Dylan won 1st Place for Science Poster Presentations. Cindy won Honorary Mention for Science Podium Oral Presentations.
- Our new publication describing our protocol to study in vivo Retinal Progenitor Cell Proliferation in Xenopus laevis is now published as a book chapter in Retinal Development. Methods in Molecular Biology. See it here, link.
- Congratulations to Cindy and Dylan on passing their qualifying exams!
- Dr. Tseng gave a talk entitled “A Lot of Nerve! Evolutionary Mechanisms of Neural Regeneration” at the Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) in Anaheim, CA.
- Dr. Tseng gave talks at the NIH IDeA Western Regional Meeting and the Nevada INBRE Conference.
- Alex, Diana, and Joel presented posters on their projects at the UNLV School of Medicine Research forum.
- Iris presented a poster on her REU project at the UNLV Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Dr. Tseng gave a talk at the 2019 BioEM Conference in Montpellier, France.
- Our new publication using the Xenopus eye regrowth model to distinguish between developmental and regenerative mechanisms is now published. See it here, link.
- Congratulations to Alexis and Joel on their graduation! Best wishes as you both head off to medical school in the fall.
- Congratulations to Iris, recipient of the NSF REU summer research fellowship!
- Congratulations to Cindy, recipient of the UNLV Summer Doctoral research fellowship!
- Congratulations to Dylan, recipient of the GPSA research sponsorship award!
- Dylan attends the 2019 CSHL Cell & Developmental Biology of Xenopus course. Dylan received a HHMI scholarship and was featured as “Visitor of the Week”. See his interview here: link.
- We welcome a new member to the lab, Iris Nava.
- Congratulations to Randy on passing his qualifying exam!
- Congratulations to Joel, recipient of the ABRCMS Student Travel Award and an NSF REU Travel support.
- Joel and Alex presented posters of their research at the 2018 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS).
- Our new publication describing the developmental dependence of functional Xenopus eye regrowth is now available online. link
- Kelly is awarded tenure and promotion to Associate Professor.
- Ph.D. student Cindy Kha won 2 awards at the 99th Annual Meeting of the AAAS Pacific Division. She received the Division-Wide Best Poster Award and the First Place Award for the Cell and Molecular Biology Section. Congratulations to Cindy (4th from the right, front row)! link
- Congratulations to Alexis, recipient of the NIH INBRE Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Joel, recipient of the NSF REU Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- 2 UNLV School of Medicine students are joining us for summer research.
Welcome back Diana Pena (former Tseng Lab undergraduate student)!
Welcome to the lab, Chris Endo!
- Our publication on embryonic eye repair is featured on the Xenbase website. Check it out! link
- Congratulations to Cindy (1st from the right, front row) for winning 1st place Science Poster Award in the 20th Annual UNLV Graduate and Professional Student Research Forum!
- Check out our newest publication describing a model for studying developmental eye repair! link
- Congratulations to Joel, recipient of the AANAPISI and LSAMP Spring Semester Research Experience (SSRE) program Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Alexis, recipient of the ABRCMS Student Travel Award and an NSF EPSCoR Travel Fellowship. Alex was selected to give an oral presentation at the 2017 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS).
- Yesenia presented her research projects at the AANAPISI & McNair Scholars Research Symposium.
- We welcome our new Ph.D. student, Dylan Guerin to the lab and Las Vegas.
- Farewell to Nicole, Philip, Diana, Shantelle as they head off to graduate schools. We wish you much success!
- Congratulations to Alexis, recipient of the NSF EPSCoR Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Yesenia, recipient of the McNair and Title III AANAPISI Scholars Summer Research Institute (SRI) Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Diana who was one of three undergraduate students awarded the Outstanding Graduate honor at the Spring Commencement by President Jessup.
- Congratulations to Shantelle and Philip for successfully defending their Honors College theses!
- Congratulations to Cindy for successfully defending her Master’s Thesis!
- Tseng Lab hosts middle school students for the Rebel STEM Academy.
- We are hosting a Xenbase team visit to UNLV! Thanks to the Xenbase team for doing an excellent Biocuration and Bioinformatics Career Forum for our students. Check out their visit at Xenbase Facebook page (link).
- Dr. Tseng gives a presentation to Honors College students at the “Tastes of UNLV”. Diana and Yesenia give lab demonstrations and tours for the event.
- Congratulations to Cindy! Her tadpole image was featured on UNLV Today and showcased as part of the exhibition “Inquiry: The Art of Scientific Discovery” at UNLV (link).
- Read our article on using Xenopus to study eye regeneration (link).
- Dr. Tseng gives a talk at the southwest regional Society for Developmental Biology Meeting in at the University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT).
- Our study on the effects of a biocide on Xenopus tissue repair is published (link).
- We welcome a new Ph.D. student, Randy Grell, to the lab.
- Congratulations to Shantelle, recipient of the 2016 NASA RISE and HOP Research Fellowship.
- Dr. Tseng gives a talk at the 2016 International Xenopus Conference in Kolymbari, Crete.
- Philip presents his project at the summer undergraduate research conference at UNLV. Diana gives a talk about her experience in the REU program.
- Congratulations to Diana – she has been named a 2016 Outstanding Graduate by President Jessup (link).
- Congratulations to Philip, recipient of the 2016 NIH INBRE Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Diana – she is one of two recipients for the UNLV OUR Outstanding Research Scholar Award.
- Congratulations to Yesenia, recipient of the 2015-16 NSF EPSCoR Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Philip (1st place) and Shantelle (3rd place) for winning poster presentation awards at the first annual OUR-UNLV Student Research Showcase.
- Dr. Tseng gives a talk at the Xenopus PI Meeting in Woods Hole, MA.
- Congratulations to Diana and Yesenia, recipients of the 2015 NSF REU Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships.
- Congratulations to Philip and Shantelle, recipients of the 2015 NSF EPSCoR Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships.
- Cindy wins 2nd place in the Xen1 Cold Spring Harbor Photo Competition (link).
- Dr. Tseng gives a seminar presentation at College of Southern Nevada.
- Summer and Diana presented their research projects at the NSF EPSCoR Research Symposium.
- Cindy attended the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Course on Xenopus Embryology and won the Best Graduate Student Project. Congratulations!
- Tseng Lab gives a lab demonstration to students from the Agassi Preparatory Academy.
- Congratulations to Philip, 2nd place winner of the UNLV Student Poster Conference.
- Cindy gives a talk at the UNLV GPSA forum.
- Tseng Lab hosts students from Mary and Zel Loman elementary school on their field trip to UNLV for a presentation on our research .
- Congratulations to Samir for successfully defending his Honors Thesis on his research project. Well done!
- Congratulations to Summer, recipient of the NSF EPSCoR undergraduate research fellowship for the academic year, 2014-15.
- The Tseng lab is going to the 18th International Xenopus meeting. Nicole will be presenting a poster.
- Congratulations to Nicole, a recipient of the Genetics Society of America Undergraduate Travel Award (link). She is the only awardee for the upcoming Xenopus meeting.
- Congratulations to Jessica Drenth, who will be attending the Master’s Program at Illinois State University in the fall.
- Jessica, Nicole, and Samir presented posters of their research projects at the INBRE research symposium (photos)
- Our Aquatics Facility is now up and running!
- Congratulations to Jessica, Nicole, and Samir, for receiving the summer NIH Nevada INBRE Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP) fellowships!
- We are very excited to be starting construction of our Aquatics Facility.